How I can help you
IT/IS Professional: Systems Solutions | Innovator | Developer | Consultant | Analyst | Leader | PM | Engineer | Professor
I am a resourceful, innovative Information Systems professional who has served in many information technology leadership and hands-on roles in Operational, Systems and Project Management, User/Customer Support, Tool Builder, Systems Migration, Analysis, Design, Development, Process Automation, Programming, Consulting, and as an Educator.
- I work closely with internal and external clients. I support all stakeholders and often act as a communication conduit between the technical and non-technical members of the team. I take pride in problem solving and the creation and implementation of practical, real life, business solutions that work.
- I teach and practice that the role of good technology is to abstract the complexity and to blend into the background so that the user can accomplish their task rather than be distracted by the tool.
- I value knowledge and consider myself a lifelong learner who brings experience-based creativity and solid, practical solutions to complex technical and business issues.
- Throughout my career, I have had many opportunities to find the ways to optimize and improve my clients’ processes by taking advantage of available infrastructure and assets and by keeping current with new possibilities. As a matter of principle, I prefer to spend my time looking for a viable solution instead of explaining why something cannot be done.
- I give back to the community through volunteerism. I am currently a SCORE small business mentor and a leader in the local Python developer community.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Finance & Accounting
- Business Strategy & Planning
- Business Operations
- Technology & IT Services
- Educational Services
- Technology and Web-Based Services
- Consulting, Research and Business Services
- Retail and Wholesale Trade
- Nonprofit, Public and Professional Organizations
DM/IST, (Doctor of Management in Organizational Leadership with a Specialization in Information Systems and Technology) — University of Phoenix, School of Advanced Studies (2014)
Dissertation: Transforming the Digital Textbook — A Modified Delphi Study — https://goo.gl/Skdg1v
M.Sc., Computer Information Systems — University of Phoenix, Information Systems
B.Sc., (Civil) Engineering — University of Manitoba, Faculty of Engineering